HumanPara Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: April 2019 MAP Gap Newsletter  (Read 5620 times)

Julie D.

• Administrator
April 2019 MAP Gap Newsletter
« on: April 01, 2019, 09:12:15 PM »

Thanks to all of the faithful forum members! Here's the newsletter a day early. :-)

https://humanpara.org/the-map-gap-newsletter-april-2019/

John

• Administrator
Re: April 2019 MAP Gap Newsletter
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 01:01:14 PM »

The MAP Testing project needs to be highlighted to a wider audience.  I see it is now due to complete in May, a couple of months after the original target date, but this project is a big deal and getting this right is so important.  If good quality results are available in May it could be a game changer.

Julie D.

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 08:23:37 PM »

From what I'm hearing, the raw data should all be available by May, but then it needs to be analyzed and published. So publication may be closer to fall. But it's a bit of guesswork. I agree - it's critical to get it right. It will take as long as it takes! Also, if there are any pure culture isolates, it would be wise to run some DNA on them.

Julie D.

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 05:58:46 PM »

I really found this article fascinating. If you ever wanted to know everything about MAP itself (or at least what we know about MAP that's published!) this is pretty extensive:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1472979218302440

The portion about glycopeotidolipids was of particular interest since it gave a pretty detailed explanation of how MAP is able to survive and create an inflammatory response.