HumanPara Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Low energy  (Read 9053 times)

Stay Happy

Low energy
« on: October 24, 2018, 05:49:47 PM »

I was talking to someone the other day who was complaining that
‘no one in my family understands what I am going through’.

We all feel that.
It is just really hard to put into words.
So many things.

Last night my wife went to a friends birthday party, on a Tuesday night.
by 8pm i am really tired.
My boy, George (5), has enough energy to power a small town if I had the electrical engineering
mind to rig him up in a human-sized hamster wheel complete with kinetic energy transmitters
and battery…but I don’t. He is incredible. Anyway, by the time he goes to bed at
8pm i am well and truly cooked. Then Lola (8) wants her ‘mummy and daddy time’…that usually goes
until 9;30….more often than not I am in bed and my wife is doing that.

So - i cant stay awake for it basically.
Pretty sad when you go to sleep and your 8 year old is still up playing, reading, drawing….and of course
you want to do it too, but you just can't. That tugs on the emotions a bit and opens up ’that’ can of worms of how this
disease just takes that bit of joy out of an already difficult life.

Without sounding depressing - how do you put that into words?
When you don't have enough energy for yourself to do what you need to do, let alone
to do things with your energized children.

You just keep trying.
Exercise.
Diet,

Smile,

That is one of probably 10-20 unseen things that people with Crohns deal with.

Julie D.

• Administrator
Re: Low energy
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 10:03:03 AM »

I couldn't agree more with this. When I was in a flare, mornings in the winter were always the worst. I used to lay in bed, knowing I had to get up and get the kids ready for for school, but my body resisted fiercely! I made up this trick where I'd count down from 5, and then throw off the covers and put my feet on the floor.

5....4....3....2...1.....Nope, not ready yet. Too cold. To tired. everything hurts.

And over and over.

Pretty much the only things that would get me up were 1) having to use the bathroom and 2) some kid snuggling in and accidentally kicking me.

The guilt over being a parent with Crohn's disease is hard to put into words. Kids have so much energy, and it's exhausting just watching them sometimes. I want to play and be outside, but my body resists. As a woman, I feel like all of my energy went into creating and having them, and there's nothing left to raise them! Nice to know there's others out there that fully understand, and struggle with these emotional, unseen issues like I do.